On Monday, July 15, the Holmdel Kiwanis Foundation will proudly present the 18th Annual Dominick Luccarelli Memorial Golf Outing, to be held at Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune.
Join them this year in honoring Paul J. Hooker, founder of Challenged Youth Sports, as the Holmdel Kiwanis Humanitarian of the Year. Mr. Hooker and his wife Margo started the Challenger Little League Program in Middletown in 1990, so that children with disabilities could participate in organized sports. In June of 2004, thanks to their tireless efforts, New Jersey’s first playground accessible to children with disabilities was opened. Challenger Place Playground, in Monmouth County’s Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck, is a dream come true for the Hookers and to countless youngsters and their families who come to enjoy it.
The Holmdel Kiwanis Golf Outing was started 18 years ago and later named in memory of the club’s late member, Dominick J. Luccarelli, who was a longtime Kiwanis and true believer in the Kiwanis Organization. He never hesitated in giving to any of the many charities supported. He enjoyed the game of golf and believed that the Kiwanis Golf Outing could be an excellent way to raise funds for these charities. In 18 years, the Holmdel Kiwanis Golf Outing has well over a half million dollars and donated the proceeds to numerous charities, including: The Rainbow Foundation, Frances Foundation, Search Day Program, Bridges Program of the Holmdel Community Church, Monmouth County Child Advocacy Program, Jason’s Dream for Kids, Michael’s Feat, St. Ann’s Child Center, AIDS Research, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Holmdel Village School Pavilion, Project Paul, and many other local and children’s charities.
There are a number of ways that you can sponsor the golf outing, and it is only through your donations that the Holmdel Kiwanis can make the event a success.
• Event Sponsor – Donation of $5,000. Includes total cost of eight golfers, name on event sponsorship banner, hole sponsor, accolade at awards dinner, and sponsorship listed on website
• Dinner Sponsor – Donation of $3,500. Includes total cost of eight golfers, name announced at dinner, hole sponsorship, name on banner displayed at awards dinner, and name posted on website
• Corporate Sponsor – Donation of $1,500. Includes total cost of four golfers, hole sign, sponsorship mentioned at awards dinner, and name posted on website
• Lunch Sponsor – Donation of $1,000. Includes total cost of two golfers, name placed on lunch banner, accolade at awards dinner, and name posted on website
• Cocktail Sponsor – Donation of $500. Includes name displayed during cocktail hour, accolade at awards dinner, and sponsorship listed on website
• Hole Flag Sponsor – Donation of $300. Includes name displayed on a flag at a green
• Tee Sponsor – Donation of $200. Includes name listed on a sign at a tee
• Patron Sponsor – Donation of $100. Includes name listed on a sign at the golf outing
• Individual Golfer – Donation of $275
The day’s events will begin with registration from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with lunch at the grill on-site. At 12:45 p.m., there will be a shotgun start and an afternoon of spirited golf. The cocktail reception begins at 5:30 p.m., with the awards dinner starting at 6:30 p.m. Golf participants will enjoy lunch, a polo shirt, 18 holes of golf, golf cart, cocktail reception, awards dinner banquet, live and silent auctions, and entries into hole and team contests. Format for the outing is “Scramble Format.” There will be awards given for Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive, and golfers will have a chance to win a number of Hole-in-One Prizes at different par three holes throughout the day. The prizes include cars, trips, and a “Pot of Gold.”
The Kiwanis offer several ways that you can pay for your golf outing sponsorship. All supporters can pay with a credit card via PayPal on their secure online donation page, or you may print out a form and mail your check. Please make checks payable to the Holmdel Kiwanis Foundation and send to: Holmdel Kiwanis Foundation, Attn: Mr. Pat Norris, P.O. Box 114, Holmdel, NJ 07733. The Holmdel Kiwanis Foundation is a 501c3 approved charitable foundation.
For more information about the Holmdel Kiwanis and the annual golf outing, visit www.holmdelkiwanis.com.