Take some time to stop and smell the roses at the Jersey Shore Rose Society’s (JSRS) 43rd Annual Rose Show on Saturday, September 13 at Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown. Visitors are welcome to watch as roses are prepared for exhibition from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. Then, after judging is complete, entries will remain on exhibit from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. for public viewing.
A picturesque, 54-acre horticultural site with many garden-related amenities, including its own Rose Parterre, Deep Cut Gardens is located on Red Hill Road in Middletown, just off Garden State Parkway Exit 114.
JSRS Rose Show “Fun Facts”
• All entries are locally-grown by amateurs.
• Rose shows are a prime opportunity to view both old and new varieties of roses.
• The show is an official function of the American Rose Society, with certified ARS Horticultural and Arrangement judges.
• The show consists of horticultural, arrangement, and photography sections.
• This is the final rose show of the year for exhibitors in the area.
View locally grown roses and see how they are judged, consult visiting JSRS Rosarians on rose selection and care, and take a tour of Deep Cut Gardens. Visitors may cast their vote for their favorite arrangement, which will be announced during the award ceremony at 3:00 p.m. This is a free event. For information on how to enter your roses into the exhibition, please call Mary Hahn of the JSRS at 732-316-1871 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Monmouth County Park System events and programs, please visit www.monmouthcountyparks.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. For persons with hearing impairment, the TTY/TDD number is 711. The Monmouth County Park System, created in 1960 by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, is Monmouth County’s Open Space, Parks, and Recreation agency.