Deane-Porter School is proud of its research-based preschool program and the foundation it builds for the top-rated levels of academic performance they have achieved in the state and federally. The primary goal of the preschool program is to provide developmentally appropriate educational experiences that build a strong foundation for future academic success. All children in this program are encouraged to grow socially, cognitively, emotionally, and physically and to have fun doing so.
The program is designed as follows:
- Three- and four-year-olds are integrated
- A certified teacher and an instructional aide
- Five days per week during the school year
- If necessary, a lottery will be held
- Students must be three years of age by October 15, 2017 to register
- Participation in the program requires a tuition fee
Please note the following regarding entrance into the program:
- Entrance into the preschool program is not on a first come, first served basis
- The lottery, if needed, will be held during the last week of February
- To ensure participation in the lottery, your registration must be completed and turned into the office by February 10, 2017.
- Anyone registering after that date will be put on a waiting list.
- Past participation in the program guarantees a spot for the 2017-2018 school year, but to ensure a spot, the child must be re-registered by February 1, 2017.
Interested parents and their children are invited to attend a preschool open house on February 1 from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. At this time, you will receive a registration packet, visit the classrooms, and your child will participate in some activities. Registration packets can also be obtained by visiting the website at www.rumsonschool.org.
If you have any questions, please call Laura Randazzo at (732) 842-0811.